Whew!! This longggg list that you are seeing is nothing but a compilation of what you’ll study and encounter in Aspire! as well as some extra materials! :) Click the links and download the things you like! Do not forget to comment and let me know if something is missing/ needs to be corrected! :D
Please download all three documents and see which one suits your requirement, as quizzes can be different!
ASPIRE QUIZZES WITH ANSWERS 2011 (Click to Download!)
ASPIRE QUIZZES AND ANSWERS 2012 (Click to Download!)
MISCELLANEOUS ASPIRE STUFF (Click to Download!)
- Fundamentals of Database Management Systems- 3rd Edition (Elmasri-Navathe). Download the book!
- Learn SQL basics from http://www.w3schools.com/sql/sql_quickref.asp
- TCS E-learning site DBMS- http://elearning.tvm.tcs.co.in/dbms_html/html_dbms.php (the best and quickest way!)
UNIX: (The materials given are also useful if you get UNIX stream in ILP) :
- UNIX ASSIGNMENT (latest assignment is in Aspire quizzes and answers 2012 document above!)
- UNIX Tutorial for Beginners- http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Teaching/Unix/index.html (MUST READ!)
- UNIX by Sumitabha Das– Download UNIX by Sumitabha Das! (MUST READ!) Get the book if possible!
- Linux Basic Commands– Download it!
- Bash Commands- http://www.math.harvard.edu/computing/unix/unixcommands.html
- Teach Yourself Shell Programming for UNIX in 24 Hours– Download the book! (REQUIRED FOR ILP UNIX STREAM )
- Learn JAVA the fun way! Download Head-First-Java-2nd-edition (Great for Beginners!)
- Java 2 The Complete Reference 5Th Ed – Herbert Schildt (A must-have JAVA Reference Book!)
- If you want to prepare for the SCJP exam for certification, Download JAVA 2 SCJP Kathy Sierra and Bert Bates (Not a part of Aspire)
- Download the Offline version of w3schools.com
- Learn JSP and Servlets- Download Head First Servlets and JSP (Great for Beginners, especially if you get JAVA stream in ILP. Even better if you can buy the book or get it from a library!)
- Learn PHP -http://www.homeandlearn.co.uk/php/php.html (a few basic questions can come in PAT but BIPM stream in ILP has to learn a bit of PHP)
- ASPIRE Web technology assignment- web technology shopping portal aspire assignment.zip (just upload it in ASPIRE)
- For running PHP code, you need to download and install a software called WAMP (Windows-Apache-MySQL-PHP) or LAMP (for Linux). Download WAMP server according to your system configuration. For installing it correctly, plese read the instructions on the page. For running the code, please read the instructions at- http://www.homeandlearn.co.uk/php/php1p3.html.
You just need a basic understanding of the different software life cycles and their steps to know how projects work! You don’t have to cram and learn everything by heart!
- TCS e-learning- http://elearning.tvm.tcs.co.in/courses.php (the 1st 6 topics)
- JDK- Download it! (Please choose the JDK according to your Operating System. This is required for compiling and running JAVA code.)
- Eclipse IDE- Download! (You can write and run JAVA programs as well as develop a JAVA-based web application ;) )
- Apache Tomcat 7- Download! (Server for deploying the web application)
- Oracle 10g Express Edition Database- Download from Oracle! (you need to sign up first to download it!)