Once again, DO NOT FREAK OUT if your friends have received some biggie ASPIRE mail and you haven’t!
As you’ll know, Aspire is TCS’ s Pre-ILP Engagement Program! You will receive a mail right before you get your ILP joining date, mentioning the credentials for logging into the Aspire portal. The PAT test that you’ll be appearing for, right after joining (2nd or 3rd day), is based on the topics here. Well, it’s as boring as it sounds!! More than studying, what’s most annoying is that you have to submit subject-wise feedback every week, upload your assignments and take quizzes frequently! I bet your reaction will also be 😡 hehe!! 😀
NOTE: ASPIRE login credentials will already be given in the first page of your joining letter! If you haven’t received the ASPIRE mail even after a week of receiving your Joining Letter or can’t access ASPIRE, write an e-mail to email@example.com, with the subject line as “ASPIRE- Pre-ILP Engagement E-Mail Not Received”. Also mention your Name, CT Reference Number, ILP Joining Date, ILP Location and Contact Number in the body of the e-mail.
Coming to the serious stuff, if you are not from CSE/IT/IS stream, you’ll have to go through the concepts rigorously. Trust me, it’ll be your advantage! This little homework for a few months will help you grasp a lot more than people who don’t take Aspire seriously!
The stuff you’ll find in Aspire are:
1 ) Know your TCS
2 ) Basics of Programming
4 ) Communication
5 ) Unix
6 ) Database Concepts ( and SQL)
7 ) JAVA Basics
8 ) Software Engineering
If you are serious about joining TCS, open your books to get a hold of the aforementioned subjects or better, join some JAVA/ DOT NET/C++ course or tuitions and you’ll be ready for ILP in no time!
You’ll be provided with all the materials…more than you can study 🙄 so don’t worry about them! Just make sure you maintain your record by checking into Aspire regularly, submitting feedback, assignments and taking the quizzes! 🙂
You can also visit and study from TCS’ own learning site at: http://elearning.tvm.tcs.co.in/
Your best friend for learning Web Technology: http://www.w3schools.com/
Or you’ll get a mail from Aspire, stating that your performance is not up to the standard! 😯
HEALTHY DOWNLOADS AND ASPIRE STUFF:
Please download all three documents and see which one suits your requirement, as quizzes can be different!
ASPIRE QUIZZES WITH ANSWERS 2011 (Click to Download!)
ASPIRE QUIZZES AND ANSWERS 2012 (Click to Download!)
- Fundamentals of Database Management Systems- 3rd Edition (Elmasri-Navathe). Download the book!
- Learn SQL basics from http://www.w3schools.com/sql/sql_quickref.asp
- TCS E-learning site DBMS- http://elearning.tvm.tcs.co.in/dbms_html/html_dbms.php (the best and quickest way!)
UNIX: (The materials given are also useful if you get UNIX stream in ILP) :
- UNIX ASSIGNMENT (latest assignment is in Aspire quizzes and answers 2012 document above!)
- UNIX Tutorial for Beginners- http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Teaching/Unix/index.html (MUST READ!)
- UNIX by Sumitabha Das– Download UNIX by Sumitabha Das! (MUST READ!) Get the book if possible!
- Linux Basic Commands– Download it!
- Bash Commands- http://www.math.harvard.edu/computing/unix/unixcommands.html
- Teach Yourself Shell Programming for UNIX in 24 Hours– Download the book! (REQUIRED FOR ILP UNIX STREAM )
- Learn JAVA the fun way! Download Head-First-Java-2nd-edition (Great for Beginners!)
- Java 2 The Complete Reference 5Th Ed – Herbert Schildt (A must-have JAVA Reference Book!)
- If you want to prepare for the SCJP exam for certification, Download JAVA 2 SCJP Kathy Sierra and Bert Bates (Not a part of Aspire)
- Download the Offline version of w3schools.com
- Learn JSP and Servlets- Download Head First Servlets and JSP (Great for Beginners, especially if you get JAVA stream in ILP. Even better if you can buy the book or get it from a library!)
- Learn PHP –http://www.homeandlearn.co.uk/php/php.html (a few basic questions can come in PAT but BIPM stream in ILP has to learn a bit of PHP)
- ASPIRE Web technology assignment- web technology shopping portal aspire assignment.zip (just upload it in ASPIRE)
- For running PHP code, you need to download and install a software called WAMP (Windows-Apache-MySQL-PHP) or LAMP (for Linux). Download WAMP server according to your system configuration from http://www.wampserver.com/en/#download-wrapper. For installing it correctly and running the code, please read the instructions at- http://www.homeandlearn.co.uk/php/php1p3.html.
You just need a basic understanding of the different software life cycles and their steps to know how projects work! You don’t have to cram and learn everything by heart!
- TCS e-learning- http://elearning.tvm.tcs.co.in/courses.php (the 1st 6 topics)
- JDK- Download it! (Please choose the JDK according to your Operating System. This is required for compiling and running JAVA code.)
- Eclipse IDE- Download! (You can write and run JAVA programs as well as develop a JAVA-based web application 😉 )
- Apache Tomcat 7- Download! (Server for deploying the web application)
- Oracle 10g Express Edition Database- Download from Oracle! (you need to sign up first to download it!)
Please let me know if I missed anything and mention if any link isn’t working! 😯
Some content on this page was disabled on April 15, 2018 as a result of a DMCA takedown notice from Kathy Sierra and Bert Bates. You can learn more about the DMCA here: