I’ve decided to write this post so that even though you know that you should wear formals from Monday to Thursday and Business casuals on Fridays, you are able to dress professionally and shop professionally before ILP! 😀
1) SHIRTS–Light colored, full-sleeved shirts are preferable though you can also wear dark colors! It’s better to go for more light ones and few dark ones!
2) TROUSERS–Whatever you buy, do not buy brown trousers or brown of anything!! It’s considered informal!
3) TIES–You have to wear them only on Wednesdays and during presentations. Choose a tie that goes well with the color of your shirt! The tie knot should be proper and the length of the tie should be just on your buckle!!
4) SHOES— Choose jet-black, polished shoes. Do not wear brown shoes!!
5) SOCKS–Again, choose black socks or navy blue socks!! White socks or any other color is considered informal!
MATCHING AND FIXING YOUR ATTIRE—
1) The perfect combination is a light-colored shirt, dark-colored (preferably black) trousers and a tie that complements the color of your shirt!
2) Wear full-sleeved shirts!! Do not roll the cuffs!!
3) Make sure you wear a proper tie of a proper color and make sure you get the length and the knot right!
4) Wear black socks and black shoes.
5) On Fridays, you can wear business casuals like Jeans and T-shirts, but make sure you tuck your t-shirt inside! You can wear sports shoes too! Do not wear floaters/ sandals or any other shoes other than sports shoes or boots.
6) Shave even the slightest beard you get!! If you are sporting a mustache, keep it in proper shape!
7) Use a mild cologne.
Ahem!! Girls do not have so many rules! Thank God! Just keep a few things in mind!
1) Nylon leggings are not allowed. Wear them only if the people there follow no such rules. A better alternative is to wear cotton leggings instead of the nylon ones! 😀
2) Wear any kurti or salwar you like as long as it is not flashy, heavily embroidered, too tight or ill-fitting. You can wear normal shoes or sandals with these. Also avoid heavy and expensive jewelry!!
3) Formal trousers, shoes and socks hold the same for you guys! As for the shirts, you have no such big rules! 🙂 Just make sure they are formal wear! You have to wear toe-covered shoes with formals.
4) On Fridays, you can wear Jeans too! If you want to wear a t-shirt, make sure you wear a collared t-shirt or top! Sports shoes are also allowed for you guys!
5) Many women do this, but do not use heavy make-up!! It’s a part of grooming that if you use make-up, you have to make it last the entire day! Use anything as long as it isn’t too loud and looks professional.
6) Flaunt all the funky nail colors you want during ILP, but remove them before a presentation. Your total grooming is evaluated at this time. Make it a habit to use normal nail colors like sober shades of red, brown and pink!
7) Apply a deo on any of your pulse points!!
Keep yourself well-groomed at all times. Of course, that’s something women are good at! 😉