Whatever you do, DO NOT FREAK OUT if your friends got some stupid NSR mail and you didn’t!!!!!
NSR is known as National Skills Registry and employees have to make their profiles here for the companies to view. Of course, you can choose which company will view your profile, in this case, TCS. TCS will send you a mail shortly after you get your offer letter or any other time, asking you to register yourself at NSR, paying the registration fees of Rs 337 and then get a Biometrics done (scanning your fingerprints) at any Point of Service (POS) office in your area. *Takes deep breath*
NOTE: If you didn’t get the NSR mail from TCS even a month before joining, you can call up the helpline and ask them about it OR you can register yourself at NSR! No problem with that! In case you haven’t registered at all, you will have to finish your NSR registration after joining ILP and TCS will provide facilities for the payment and Biometrics. But, it’s still safer to do the registration and everything beforehand! Discuss with your friends and do it together! It’s fun! :)
Now take a deep breath and read the detailed instructions for registration:
1) Open Internet Explorer (IE) and IE only!! Go to https://nationalskillsregistry.com/ and complete the registration as a new user. Click “Register Now”. Read the NSR Registration process instructions carefully and make sure you have all the details (pan card number, passport number (if any), Roll numbers of 10th, 10+2, graduation etc.) with you!
2) Select NSR Registration Requested By “My Future Employer”, choose “Tata Consultancy Services Ltd.” (You can always change the details later, you don’t need to select anything right now. You can later edit your profile and can provide your employee ID after you have one)
3) Fill up the address properly. No need to give commas(,) and fullstops(.) as those will be provided later. First, provide your House/Street no., then Street Name, Area and State. Provide phone numbers with ISD code (91) and Area Code. Enter your E-mail ID carefully because your IT-PIN will be initially sent to your email.
4) During the Authentication part, you have to provide a secret question, an answer, a Login ID and two passwords. On submitting, you will get your Acknowledgment number. Write down the Acknowledgement number, Login ID, secret question answer and the passwords you have given, somewhere safe.
5) Note down the Acknowledgement number and fill the rest of the qualifications form. Submit that and you’ll get a form asking about your Employer. Select “No” and choose your company by clicking on “Click for selecting employer company” and writing “Tata Consultancy Services Ltd.” in the Search Box. You’ll get the result and then select it. After that, scroll down and click on “Submit and View”. Verify your details, scroll down and click “Continue your registration by doing the Payment” if everything is correct.
6) Then choose the payment mode. You can either pay online or at the location of POS (Offices assigned by NASSCOM) https://nationalskillsregistry.com/pos-details-register.htm. It’s better to pay at the POS office where you’ll do your fingerprint scanning!! So choose “Payment to be made by Demand Draft/Cash at the location of POS”.
7) Now you will get your ITP Web Registration Acknowledgement Form. You have to print this, paste your recent photograph and take it to your POS.
8) After you’re done, go to the POS office with the Acknowledgment form, pay Rs. 337 and get the Biometrics done. Carry your ID proof with you (voter ID, pan card etc).
9) After this, you will get your ITPIN after a week or so. It will be sent to your email address along with the e-card. Take two printouts of this e-card (with your pic in it) and sign below the card (self-attestation)! You’ll need to submit this after your joining.
10) Submit your ITPIN number in the TCS Portal, https://nextstep.tcs.com/ (use IE for anything in NextStep).
Psst..You can also make a fake profile to check out how it looks before you do the right thing!! Whew!!! Biggie!! Good Luck!! :)